Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 6 dozens top-quality canned snails,
- 1 pound/500 g of button mushrooms,
- 2 shallots,
- 2 garlic cloves,
- 8 ounces/100 g of unsalted butter,
- 1 bunch of parsley,
- 1 cup/250 ml heavy cream,
- 1 cup/250 ml Chablis wine,
- salt and pepper.
1. Drain the snails.
2. Slice the mushrooms.
3. Chop the shallots, garlic and parsley and mix it to the butter with salt and pepper.
4. In a skillet, melt this butter. Add the mushrooms and brown them for 2 or 3 minutes, shaking the pan.
5. Add the snails and mix well.
6. Deglaze with the Chablis wine and reduce in half.
7. Add the crème fraîche and reduce again of half, on high heat. Check the seasoning.
8. Serve very hot in the cassolettes.
Wine Pairing Tips:
As this preparation calls for a Chablis wine, it makes perfect sense to serve the same bottle at the table. Ask your favorite wine shop for a rounder, fruity style of Chablis rather than one with a sharp, mineral character.