Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 large onion,
- 300 g (10oz) bacon,
- 10 medium size potatoes,
- 15 cl (5 fl oz) white wine, preferably from Jura,
- 300 g (10oz) Morbier cheese,
- salt and pepper
Click on the image to enlarge and read description
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Place the potatoes in a vegetable steamer over boiling, salted water, and cook for about 10 minutes. Then peel them and cut into thick slices.
3. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet and fry the bacon and onions over a high heat, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper and add the white wine. Simmer 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes to the pan with onions and bacon and mix.
5. Transfer everything to an ovenproof dish and cover with the Morbier cheese slices.
6. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted. Serve with a green salad.
Wine Pairing Tips:
A light and easy-drinking white wine will do nicely with a Morbiflette. To stay on a local wine, choose a relatively light Côtes du Jura Chardonnay without oak aging. Otherwise, go for a white Savoie, or a Pinot Blanc from Alsace.