Ingredients for 6 servings:
- 1 Boston lettuce or other tender salad,
- 6 slices of ham,
- 4 Strasbourg sausages or hot-dog,
- 2 medium size tomatoes,
- 200 g (1/2 pound) Swiss cheese, cut in small cubes,
- 4 hardboiled eggs,
- 1 onion,
- 400 g (2 pounds) small waxy potatoes,
- vinaigrette: 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon wine vinegar, 5 tablespoons olive oil.
1.Wash and dry the lettuce, keeping the whole leaves. Cut the ham and Swiss cheese in cubes. Quarter the eggs and the tomatoes.
2. In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer until tender then drain. Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/4 inches slices.
3. Prepare the vinaigrette: mix the mustard and vinegar in a small bowl, then whisk in the oil, 1 tablespoon at a time. Season.
4. Arrange on 4 large plates: a bed of lettuce around, then the potatoes still warm. Continue with the ham, cheese, heated sausages cut in slices.
5. Garnish with the tomatoes and eggs quarters, some onions slices, parsley, then cover with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Wine Pairing Tips:
The salad's vinaigrette dressing limits the wine selection to relatively neutral whites, such as a Sylvaner or Pinot Blanc. These wines can support the acidity in the dressing without amplifying it, thus providing balance.